Board of Trustees
The Board consists of seven parents, elected by parents of pupils for a three year term, the Principal and a staff representative, elected by staff members.
2017 The current members of the board are:
The Board of Trustees meets at 6.00pm at the school on the 3rd Monday every month, excluding January. Anyone may attend these meetings.
A copy of the school charter is available for download and the minutes of the Board of Trustees meetings are available at the office on request. The proposed 2017 Board Of Trustees meeting dates are to be confirmed:
Key Roles of the Board:
- Take overall responsibility for the school.
- Set goals and policies for the school and monitor performance of the school against those goals and policies.
- Appoint and support the principal of the school.
- Ratify the appointment of all staff.
- Ensure that the school operates as a good employer.
- Ensure that there is a good communication between the school and its community.
The Board’s role is not a “hands on” management activity. The Board sets goals and policies, the principal and staff implement them by fulfilling the day to management and professional tasks within the school.